Privileged to have lived the System Center dream and occasional nightmare from a customer, partner and Microsoft perspective.
I held an MVP in Cloud and Datacenter Management for 5 years before joining Microsoft as a Senior Premier Field Engineer. And I’m now a specialist in monitoring and automation at the UK central Bank.
How did I get here?
- Last century – Microsoft Certified Trainer on SQL Server 6.5 and SQL 7, NT4 and Visual Basic
- Just before the turn of the Century – NetIQ – Training and Implementation Engineer on NetIQ AppManager. NetIQ then acquired Operations Manager from Mission Critical Software and licensed it to Microsoft as Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM). This subsequently became System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Into the noughties – Small consultancy; big impact – AKCSL – Microsoft Gold Partner delivering System Center solutions across EMEA. During this time I was an MVP for 5 years in Cloud and Datacenter Management.
- Senior Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft UK.
- Monitoring and Automation Specialist at the Bank of England.